Episode 1 – Social Media
Welcome to my podcast: Overdosing on Intellect! This is the first episode of the show, in which I talk about social media. Please subscribe to the show and get notified whenever a new episode is available.
References to the studies I mentioned during the podcast:
- Gwenn Schurgin O’Keeffe, Kathleen Clarke-Pearson, Council on Communications and Media, The Impact of Social Media on Children, Adolescents, and Families, In Pediatrics, Volume 127, Issue 4, April 2011, Pages 800-804, https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-0054.
- Edson C. Tandoc, Patrick Ferrucci, Margaret Duffy, Facebook use, envy, and depression among college students: Is facebooking depressing?, In Computers in Human Behavior, Volume 43, February 2015, Pages 139-146, ISSN 0747-5632, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2014.10.053.
- Lauren E. Sherman, Ashley A.Payton, Leanna M. Hernandez, Patricia M. Greenfield, Mirella Dapretto, The Power of the Like in Adolescence, In Psychological Science, Volume 27, Issue 7, May 2016, Pages 1027-1035, https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797616645673.
- Amy L. Gonzales and Jeffrey T. Hancock, Mirror, mirror on my Facebook wall: effects of exposure to Facebook on self-esteem, In Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Volume 14, Issue 1-2, February 2011, Pages 79-83, https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2009.0411.
- Megan A. Moreno, Lauren Jelenchick, Rosalind Koff, Jens Eickhoff, Depression and Internet Use among Older Adolescents: An Experience Sampling Approach, In Psychology, Volume 3, September 2012, Pages 743-748, https://doi.org/10.4236/psych.2012.329112.
You can listen to the podcast below as well: